We’re homesick most of the time, but we know we’re here for a purpose
and you try and make your dream happen. ~ Alfred Aboya
Posts Tagged ‘soap on a rope’
We’re homesick most of the time, but we know we’re here for a purpose
Are you getting pumped and ready for sleepaway camp? The Gift Chick has all you need to make your camp experience go smooth, without a hitch. With the following Bunk Basics, you’ll never worry about forgetting your most important camp stuff so you can keep your mind focused on having fun!
1. Bathroom/Shower essentials. Fun and functional, these Cosmetic Bags and Shower Caddies are the perfect way to keep all your things organized. They can hold make-up, toiletries, hair accessories, lotions, medications or anything that needs a place to be stored. Water Resistant Liner. Perfect for camp!
2. Don’t air your dirty laundry. Now even dirty laundry can be cool! Throw your dirty unsightlies into these cute novelty Laundry Bags, made of nylon mesh with a drawstring. Great camp essential for all campers!
3. Get a good night’s sleep. Made out of the softest minky fabric, these Pillowcases are loved by kids, teens, and adults. They make a great addition to any bedding for the best night of sleep. Great gift for campers who need their R&R after a long fun day!
4. Be prepared for the unexpected. Good things come in mini packages. Ouchies Mad Libs offers you fun despite your boo-boos. Must-have for all accident-prone campers! And tween/teen girl campers still have to be on their best out in the wilderness. With the Minimergency Kit, they’ll have all they need to overcome any unexpected outdoor obstacle.
5. Style is an option clean is not. Make your shower or bath more fun with our Peace Soap on a Rope. And the Slim Sonic Toothbrush is the first electric, portable toothbrush. Now you can be sure to keep your pearly whites bright wherever you are. Be cool and clean at the same time.
6. Prevent yucky bathroom fungus. Showaflops are ideal for camp. Designed by a mother of a student, these flop flops feature unique drainage holes aimed at preventing yucky fungus and athletes foot. The soles are slip resistant and have antimicrobial protection.
7. Make time to play. Bunk Games are a must-have for any kid going to camp. These conversation games will guarantee tons of fun and laughs for everyone in the bunk. Great for a rainy day, rest hour or anytime campers want to chat and bond.
8. Keep your money, cellphone, or camera safe and dry. Kids will love to use this fun neoprene water-resistant wallet to hold all their stuff. The Peace Neoprene Wallet is perfect as a wallet or for your iPod, cellphone, small digital camera or anything that needs a home.
9. Carry all your camp gear in a fashionable tote. These Weekender Bags are a fun and stylish bag great for sleepovers, a day at the beach, a weekend getaway or as a camp bag. It has a zipper closure and 1.5″ wide web adjustable strap.
In celebration of Earth Day this weekend, the Gift Chick shares some cool “green” gifts with you! Do your part with acts of Green to help the earth and go outside to enjoy what our earth has to offer.
“This Earth Day it’s time to mobilize the planet from the ground up to send a message that the Earth won’t wait!” (www.earthday.org)
Start your day by showering with Peace Soaps. Earth Day is also about world peace to make sure the earth is viable place for all, regardless of race, color, and culture.
Bring your shower essentials around in this Classic Daisy Shower Caddy. The perfect blooming accessory for Spring and perfect for Summer sleepaway camp!
Go “green” in this SugarLips tank. Keep your cool while planting some trees this weekend under the warm sun.
Enjoy your earth in all its beauty and spend a day in the park for a picnic. With PackIt Personal Cooler bags, you can keep your snacks cool for longer and it’s eco-friendly reusable.
For added outdoor fun, grab some friends and toss the Flash Flyer Boomerang around! The flexible round disc is capable of flying a whopping 40 feet and returning exactly from where it is launched. It easy to launch and can stay aloft for long periods of time. Great gift for any kid headed to Summer sleepaway camp!
Give love to the animals! Snuggle up this weekend in Green Monkey Lounge Pants.
Not green in color but green technology. Save the earth by using these reusable I Am Not a Paper Cup.
26 to 41 percent of the 2.4 million tons of PET plastic discarded every year is bottled water bottles. Because plastic water bottles are shielded from sunlight in landfills, they will not decompose for thousands of years.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. (2010, March 1).
Statistics on the Management of Used and End-of-Life Electronics.
Worldly fame and pleasure are destructive to the virtue of the mind; anxious thoughts and apprehensions are injurious to the health of the body. ~ Chinese proverb
Living at the pace of a speeding bullet in a city like NYC, it’s important to give yourself time and space to slow down. The first priority in your life should be your health because, without it, you won’t be able to tend to your other priorities. The Gift Chick offers these ways to calm and nurture your mindbody to find inner peace in this hectic world.
Buddha Board is based on the Zen concept of living in the moment. Simply paint on the surface with water and your creation will come to live in bold design. Then, as the water slowly evaporates, your art will magically disappear leaving you with a clean slate and a clear mind.
If the environment is not conducive to your relax state of mind, then change it! Take a staycation to the park or a mini vacation out of town to escape the hustle and bustle of city life for the weekend. The Lug Overnight/Gym Bag is convenient for packing up all your essentials to your paradise destination.
With the Flower Memo Cube or Tower of Notes, you can write yourself or someone beautiful notes of endearment, love, kindness, and encouragement. Sometimes the therapy in clearing your mind is putting it down on paper.
Grab a Picasso Art Kit and use your creativity towards self-healing. Art therapy is expressive therapy which allows a person to create art to improve their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Live Love Laugh Compact Mirror gives you the portability for you to reflect on your inner self wherever you may be and recite the self-empowering words of SNL’s Stuart Smalley, “I’m good enough. I’m smart enough. And doggone it, people like me!” It also reminds you the of the importance to Live, Love, and Laugh.
Reflexology suggests that the feet are a microcosm of your body, so pampering your feet have drastic health benefits for your entire mindbody. Treat yourself to a pedi-massage and keep those feet feeling comfy with these posh Terry Flip Flops.
Much like art therapy, music can also be used to bring about a positive and calm state of mind. It can help relieve anxiety, lift your mood to boost immunities, prevent stress from causing illness, and other benefits. Take the Wireless Headset anywhere, to your own private alcove, and cancel out the white noise of your busy day.
Bubble up some love and wash away hate – shower with the Peace Soap – it will make you feel great! A nice shower or bath has a way of resetting your mind and putting your day on the upswing.
Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful. If it brings you down, it isn’t serving you. ~ Unknown
Sure, live a summer of peace and love but you don’t have to smell like a stinky hippie! Though it’s no longer the age of Aquarius with shiny happy people holding hands all the time, everything peace, love, and tie-dye is always in style. Make it a great gift to yourself or someone else. The Gift Chick suggests starting with these awesome peace and love bath products.
Bubble up some love and wash away hate – shower with Peace Soaps – it will make you feel great! Find refreshing peace and love on a rope or as a bar.
World Peace has sweetie oil from Israeli grapefruit mixed with a secret perfume. This wonderful bath salt bomb is made with Russian pine oil for courage and constancy and American peppermint, a symbol of friendship and love.
Both cute and functional, the Tie Dye Peace Smiley Wrap is made of soft terry and has a velcro closure. Great to wear as a bathrobe, at the beach or pool or after swim practice.
Pamper your tired feet with french terry Tie Dye Peace Flip Flops. Perfect for the bath, spa, pool and camp.
Love Peace and the Planet allow you to make another small change that makes a big difference, not only in how you look but how you live. Products like the The Eco Awesome Moisturizing Shampoo features a natural and organic ingredients combined with a minimal amount of synthetics to produce a product that maintains high performance expectations.
Though GottaGreatGift.com is still in its childhood stages, the Gift Chick is slowly yet surely climbing that success ladder. Recently ExecutiveMoms.com featured some Camp Stuff on their list for Happy Campers this Summer.
This week is the Camp Trunk Countdown. Have you packed your trunk yet? Snag these essential camp items and more, only at www.GottaGreatGift.com. We’ll get your Summer started off right!
- We have funny comments and stories to share. We have an adventure searching for great gift items for you and your loved ones! I also heard somewhere that people subconsciously have a daily quota of words they have to get out of their system. These blogs and social posts allow me to express those words so I feel less compelled to talk to random people and not be the “weird” one on the subway.
- It’s an excellent and efficient way for our friends and fans to also communicate with us. You are welcome to pose your questions to The Gift Chick for gift ideas, give feedback on our products and service, and post comments as well as your own gift ideas.
- Get updates on new items we get in store, featured items, and sale items! And of course, we’ll help you find the perfect gift! We give great gift tips and ideas for everyone and every occasion.
Don’t leave home without it! Buy all your last minute essential items before heading off to camp. Make sure you have all you need for the best summer ever at sleepaway camp!
For tips on packing and preparing for sleepaway camp, check out the GottaGreatGift Camp Guide!
|BUNK BASICS||BUNK FUN||CAMP STATIONERY|
The forecast for this Summer is Sizzling. That means you by a pool, at the beach, or indoors with the A/C. From beach accessories to beach necessities and more, here are The Gift Chick’s picks to keep you cool, happy and entertained throughout the Summer!
Cool yourself off in the hot weather with Cool Jazz Ice Cube Trays or bling out your beverage with Cool Jewels Ice Cube Trays.
You’ll love this portable waterproof iPod Speaker. Now you can have tunes wherever you go.
Whether you can swim like a fish or not, the SeaDoo SeaScooter is a fun water toy for all.
This Summer, let your feet have some “peace” with comfy Tie-Dyed Flip Flops. Keep your dogs from barking. They no longer need to be stuffed, suffocating, and sweating in those sneakers.
Tossing a Geyser Football or kicking around a Geyser Soccer Ball is a surefire way to get yourself outside and exercising this Summer, while guaranteeing to keep you cool. That’s a hard activity to resist.
Of course, you wanna stay fashionable this Summer so toss your Summer essentials in a I Am Peace, I Am Love tote bag.
Solise has the world’s first and only Body Wash with SPF 15 sunscreen for UVA/UVB protection built in! Your skin feels clean and soft without any greasy residue, while protecting your skin from the dangers of the sun.
These fantastically designed Marcus UV Rings are stylish and functional! Put one on and measure just how much UV radiation you are getting this Summer. Never get sunburned again!
Whether you are indoors or out, drinking enough water is so important. Our Klean Kanteen PBA-free waterbottle is rated tops in its category.
Hot Summer = Sweaty Pits. Get so fresh and so clean with Peace Soap.
Tote it to the beach, the pool showers, the camp showers…The waterproof Shower Caddy with mesh bottom keeps your toiletries organized and dry in a stylish way.
The Summer’s so bright, you gotta wear shades. Don a unique pair of Flashy Sunglasses to shine right back at the sun. In the steps of Beyonce’s and Lady GaGa’s hip and over-the-top style, try something like Raffaella Montalban’s Arm-Free Sunglasses or a pair of Chandelier Sunglasses or Hello Kitty Bejeweled Sunglasses.
Make your own refreshingly delicious treat with Zoku’s Quick Popsicle Maker. And whether it’s a healthy fruit treat or a high fructose/ corn syrup indulgence, it’s your prerogative. We don’t judge.
If you can’t pull yourself away from the A/C and are going to hang indoors, here are some fun games for you, your family, and friends.
- A colorful style of the classic Dominos, Qwirkle will keep your brain in check over the Summer. Strategically match tiles by shapes or colors to win.
- Incorporate your Summer reading and spelling assignments while playing Zip-It, the newest word game from Bananagrams.
- For the kids who love to play card games, 59 Seconds is fun and fast.
- Can you draw a circle and wait till someone guesses it’s an egg? Then YOU can play Skribble Dash! This crazy fun doodling game will keep everyone on their toes as everyone tries to guess what the player is drawing!
If your girls like to be crafty, the My Friendship Bracelet Maker, will keep them busy for hours. Perfect for them to make personal gifts before reuniting with their sleepaway camp friends.
If your boys love all the 3D movies coming out this Summer, stimulate their creativity and imagination with the 3D Drawing Pad. Make all their adventures come to life.
Stay Cool, Stay Happy and Have Fun!!